Respect other people and protect the natural environment
Remember your actions can affect people’s lives and livelihoods. Take the time to read signage. Respect the measures that local authorities and site management have put in place to help ensure social distancing.
Before travelling, you should check if facilities, such as car parks, are open to visitors.
When in the countryside, follow the Countryside Code.
Do this by:
- leaving no trace of your visit and taking all of your litter home
- not using barbecues as they risk causing wildfires
- keeping dogs under effective control and on a lead when you are around farm animals – read further guidance for pet owners
- leaving gates as you find them and following instructions on signs
- keeping to footpaths and following signs where they suggest alternative routes
Wildlife may have moved into areas where it hasn’t previously been found, including nesting birds. Land managers may have taken action to provide extra protection of wildlife. Be vigilant and comply with these protective measures to ensure you do not disrupt the local wildlife.